Thursday 9 February 2017

Arsene Wenger rules out Arsenal move for Hart, insists Jack Wilshere will not remain at Bournemouth



Arsene Wenger has ruled out a move for Joe Hart to replace under-fire goalkeeper Petr Cech.

However, ahead of the Gunners’ match with Hull at the Emirates, Wenger insisted that he had many options for his goalkeeping position and that Cech would not be replaced after a mixed season so far.
Arsenal goalkeeper Petr Cech ahead of the Premier League game at Bournemouth
I have three world-class goalkeepers and I am happy with what I have”, he said.
However, the Frenchman hinted that Cech's selection is not guaranteed after a howler that led to a Cesc Fabregas goal against Chelsea.
“He is serious and prepares well,” added Wenger.
“He was at fault on the third goal but overall I feel he has had a good season.”
“I cannot come out on every single opinion people have, my team is not picked for Saturday.”

'Thank you for taking care of my future!'

Wenger also said there has been no discussions with Bournemouth over a permanent deal for on-loan midfielder Jack Wilshere and expects the midfielder to return to London in the summer. There has also been no progress made on his own future as manager of the club.
The 67-year-old has repeatedly said he will wait until close to the end of the season before deciding whether to stay, and took a swipe at journalists who questioned if there was any news.
"Thank you for taking care of my future", he added. "My future is in front of me every time I make a half-turn. I dedicate my whole energy for Arsenal to do well. I answer that every week, nothing has changed compared to last week, that’s basically it."
When asked about fan unrest during the Chelsea defeat, where some supporters displayed banners calling for him to be axed, Wenger said it was important for everyone to pull in the same direction.
"What matters is not the opinion of people but how we respond," he said. "This is a period where we have to stick together and focus."
As for team news, Hector Bellerin, who was elbowed in the face by Marcos Alonso against Chelsea and immediately substituted, is facing a race to be fit for the Hull match as he is yet to return to training and is still undergoing tests.
Current Mind Base Blog...

No comments: