Tuesday 7 February 2017

Odion Ighalo Nigerian striker unveiled by Chinese club, Changchun Yatai

Ighalo was unveiled by the club on Monday, February 5 ahead of the upcoming Chinese Super League season.

Odion Ighalo


Nigerian striker Odion Ighalo has been unveiled by Chinese side, Changchun Yatai following his £22million move from Premier League side, Watford.

Ighalo spent two and half years at Watford before signing a £200,000 per week with Changchun Yatai.
The striker was unveiled by the club on Monday, February 5 ahead of the upcoming Chinese Super League season.
Odion Ighalo
The past doesn't count here. It's a new challenge and adventure like when I left Nigeria for Europe. I received a welcome,” the 27-year-old is quoted to say by BBC Sports.
Changchun Yatai based in the Jilin Province, north-east China. They won the league in 2007 and played in the Asian Champions League twice.
Yatai finished 12th last season in the 16-team Chinese Super League and Ighalo will join up with his new teammates soon for pre-season ahead of the new season.
"A special thanks to Watford fans, who I really hold dearly in my heart because they supported me since the very first day I came to this club to the last day," Ighalo told Sky Sports after completing his move.
Odion Ighalo
"Even when things weren't going well for me, they were still there chanting my name beside me. Though things don't always go the way you want in life, you have to keep moving and working hard.
"Some of them [Watford fans] were not happy because the goals did not come as they want. I can understand them because I've done it in the past and they want to see it again.
"I'm sorry for that and I'm sorry it didn't work out the way it should be but I'm really happy to have been associated with this Watford family and wherever I go, to China or wherever, I'm still going to hold the fans dearly to my heart because they have always been there for me.
"Thanks to Watford fans for the great support, they will always be in my heart wherever I go."
Courtesy of Pulse.ng

No comments: